Sunday, March 6, 2011

I am currently sitting in Starbucks. I slept in a bed for the first time in three months (and not just a skinny mattress on the floor). I have a cafe misto, which I never knew about before. I'm using just an ordinary Internet connection that's faster than anything Rwanda has. I just got a foot-long from Subway and a double chocolate chip cookie. This morning, I took a leisurely hot shower for the first time since forever.

Other teams keep getting back. It's so good to see them. One guy said I look like I just got out of Auschwitz. Another said you could play music on my ribs. I'm pretty skinny.

There's a few classmates that were overweight before the outreach. Javier lost 45 pounds on outreach. Maggie lost 30. I haven't seen her yet, but when I saw Javier, I didn't recognize him. Good for them.

I haven't posted in a while. My writing skills are nowhere near the level they'd have to be at for me to write about this last week and this coming week. I couldn't do it justice, and I probably won't try. I'm tired of blogging anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment