Friday, November 5, 2010

Week 5

Relationships Week.
Most of it was good, and then she spent the last day reinforcing stereotypes about ministry subculture. She endorsed the Christian side hug (instead of real hugs), and guys and girls not hanging out in a one-on-one setting. Real quote: "Does holding hands cause you to stumble? You have to know yourself." (Context = A guy the speaker knew started out a relationship without being willing to hold hands because he had a crazy sexual history and wanted to be at the other extreme.)

We're learning more about the Rwanda mission. They haven't had any student deaths for two years now (just kidding, mom!). We're all going to be living in a house away from the YWAM base. A few of my teammates love to cook. I'm learning Kinyarwandan still, but I haven't put as much time into it as I'd like. I really need this weekend. I really want to sleep in. I'm surprised how easy it is to spend a week here without reading the Bible. It'll be a good weekend though.

Brazilians (male and female) are the most touchy-feely people in the world. A conversation with one of them is quite an experience. I think it's really cool.

Basketball tournament tonight. My team lost. Our Hawaiian big guy left the game at 16-16 (games to 15) to go play on the other court with a Hawaiian friend. Lame.

2 comments:

  1. "They haven't had any student deaths for two years now." -- haha. That reminds me of the Harry Potter musical (which we should totally watch when you get back) -- "Don't worry Harry, the last guy to die was a Hufflepuff." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see the part - just kidding - my heart was thumping for a second.

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete