Friday, February 4, 2011

Healing (Or Counseling, Part 2)

It's awesome how our team is growing. We are all growing in the healing that God has for us, and we're also growing together. I thought “Girl A” sounds too cold, so isntead I've come up with Latin-based names for my family here...

Tharince screamed, so I thought she saw a rat or a snake again. So somebody hurries outside and see that's she's crying, and she says she just feels extremely frustrated because she feels fat and ugly. So she got comforted and people continue to encourage her and rebuke the lies she's been believing about herself for the last four years. Next time I spoke in church, it was about Hellenism. It's still a very hard struggle for her, but she's definitely getting better.

Amarice experienced a lot of healing from with her one-on-one with Pieter, just because he's such a good older man. When older men take advantage of a girl, it can make older men seem scary, so just having an older man who is just so good was an extremely positive experience. She's also changed her views on dating and relationships so that she's really hoping to not date til she's found the guy she wants to marry.

Florence broke up with her boyfriend, and he took it really well. It's clear she made the right decision, so I'm happy for her, even though it was still hard.

Aemilia went for a walk with me and we had a really good one and one. She has struggled with the belief that she was created without value, so we did an exercise where she listed good qualities about herself, and then we talked about the ones she left out. It went well, so it was a positive experience, which was very healing for me, cause before the DTS, with one of the last people I had one-on-one's with that I tried to help, I was a complete failure. But the feelings from that experience are fading, which I'm pretty happy about.

No comments:

Post a Comment