Tuesday, October 26, 2010

So awesome...

Camping was cool. Fresh guava on the trees that lined the hiking trail was amazing. I used a guitar case for my pillow. Pictures are on Facebook.

But the main part of "So awesome..." involves my first acting experience since 8th grade. I auditioned a few days ago. Three other guys auditioned too. I got the part.

I was a narrator for a 13-minute film. We recorded takes for just over an hour. We did at least two takes for 26 different chunks of lines. I feel like I did an almost decent job. The director/writer/recorder is a YWAM staff guy that had to fly to Atlanta, Georgia tonight because he's on the board for International Christian Visual Media. So he said normally he would do 7 or 8 takes, but he feels pretty good about what he got.

He's going to enter the film into film festivals and see if it can win any prizes.

I'll get a copy by December to show to everyone.

---------------

Our speaker, Matt Rawlins, is speaking to both us and the Justice DTS together. So Dawn and Pieter asked us to be very welcoming to them. I told Dawn I could name them all like she had me do our school when it started, and she loved the idea. So on Monday, she gave me the microphone. "You guys, this is going to seem really, really creepy, but will all the Justice students please stand up." And then they sat down when I said the first and (sometimes middle and) and last name and where they're from. Since I had studied the Facebook group they were part of, I got 47 of the 50 students. The weird part was how many Justice students said they were really grateful and thought that was really nice. I guess they felt like I was just introducing them to the Compassion students. Cool.

1 comment:

  1. of course you got the part!.

    Love Mom

    (I'm happy you are having new experiences)

    ReplyDelete