Friday, October 29, 2010

So many adventures...




I went snorkeling at the Children's Beach on Thursday. The whole cast of Finding Nemo was there. There were moorish idols and regal tangs. It was a perfect shallow snorkeling place without waves. There was coral growing everywhere too. It was really cool watching a turtle on the rocky shore while it was feeding.

Friday was the deadline for the $2500 outreach deposit. There were maybe a dozen people who owed an average of maybe $2000. There's so many people here who just did not have their lives together at all before they got here. And a few people just came from really poor countries, including Jacinta from Uganda, who's on my Rwanda team. On Friday, the people who still owed money sat in front of the class on the edge of the stage. We had worship music playing and people who wanted to share money would give them a slip of paper with a number of dollars committed to them. It was very emotional and very moving. It convinced me to write support letters for my team. By the end of the hour of that meeting, there was $15000 less owed, and now only 5 people owed money.

I went with my roommates to a MMA (mixed martial arts) gym on Friday. We did jogging, bag hitting, offense/defense drills, and then just normal sparring. Then we did a drill where someone standing over you drops a medicine ball on your abs while you're doing crunches. I like that drill. It's a good way to work the abs pretty hard. I was sore the next day, but only on my left side where I took a harder hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment